CORE studio hosted the 2017 AEC Technology Symposium and Hackathon in New York City last week. It was our largest event to date with over 150 people attending the symposium, and over 100 people attending the hackathon. 16 new projects (most of which are open source) were produced at the hackathon, all attempting to tackle pressing issues in the AEC industry with innovative computational solutions.
The symposium and hackathon were hosted in The Bridge at Cornell Tech. The Bridge is a brand new building on Roosevelt Island that CORE studio had the honor of working on with Thornton Tomasetti’s Structural Engineering Practice, who provided engineering services for Weiss Manfredi Architects throughout the design and construction process. AEC Tech 2017 was the first hackathon on Cornell Tech’s brand new NYC campus.
We’ll be following with another post focusing on the symposium ( including videos of the presentations and more photographs! ), but we’d like to share a few photos from the hackathon, and link out to all of the projects that were developed over the weekend. As with previous years, the energy from the hackathon has been hard to shake this week … CORE studio is still abuzz from all of the incredible ideas and discussions, and the ferocious hacking sessions that went down over the weekend. Our most heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who participated!
So, without further ado, here are the projects!
The hackathon winners:
- Duct People – https://github.com/RevitAirflowDesigner/RevitAirflowDesigner
- Revilations – https://github.com/mkero-tt/Revilations
- Airflow Network Visualizer – https://aectechhack2017.devpost.com/submissions/79989-airflownetowrk_visualizer
And all the rest, in alphabetical order by project name:
- Aviary – https://github.com/interopxyz/Aviary
- Death of Two Silos
- Dynamidi – https://github.com/jlankitus/Dynamidi
- Honeybee Server – https://github.com/ladybug-tools/honeybee-server
- Hydrashare 2.0
- K2Engineering – https://github.com/EmilPoulsen/K2Engineering
- Ladybug Vizzz! – https://github.com/ladybug-tools/ladybugvizzz
- Metashape – https://github.com/mm-wang/metashape
- Robotic IOT – https://sites.google.com/view/energetikenvelop/home
- Shuffle – https://github.com/anddoyoueverfeel/tthack2017