Follow the steps below to experience 3 demos showcasing some of the standalone features we have created so far on top of Rhino and Revit projects.
- Disable your phone’s screen timeout (Settings ->Display->Sleep settings on Android, Settings->General->Autolock on iPhone)
- Open this website on your mobile device*
- Select one of the examples below
- Tap on the screen (Android) or scroll down (iOS) to see the web in full screen
- Insert your phone in a Google Cardboard
- Enjoy VRX!
*The demos showcased here work best with up-to-date OS and with Chrome.
At CORE studio we develop web services where three-dimensional models – created and modified in up to five different programs – are uploaded to the cloud and are displayed in a light-weight manner. These websites can be shared with clients, architects and designers. In this line of work, we are happy to present VRX, a Virtual Reality Exchange Platform between all the parties involved in the design and construction of a building.
This research project uses virtual reality technology, which is accessible to the public thanks to products like the Google Cardboard. Linking Building Information Modeling and Virtual Reality and having them in your pocket is today a feasible project. The Google Cardboard can be used to convert a cell phone – both Android and iOS devices are supported – into a VR device to generate immersive three dimensional environments.